There are rare survivors and then there are rare survivors. A rare and unused admission ticket for the Duke of Buccleuch's coach to pass along Granton Road to Granton Habour on the occasion of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert's Official Visit to Scotland in 1842. The Queen and Prince arrived at Victoria Jetty (Pier), Granton Harbour, named in honour of Queen Victoria, in the Royal Yacht and were received by The Duke. The Royal couple traveled in the carriage through Edinburgh and on to stay at Dalkeith House, as guests of the Duke.
In 1836 the 5th Duke of Buccleuch, Walter Francis Montagu Douglas Scott, commissioned the development of Granton Harbour and the engineer Robert Stevenson oversaw the building/construction, which was completed in 1863.
Part of the Harbour, being the Middle Pier, was named the Victoria Jetty in honour of Queen Victoria, and was officially opened to commemorated her Coronation on the 28th June 1838. The opening ceremony was preformed by the Dukes brother, Lord John Scott,(MP for Roxburghshire) as the Duke was attending the actual Coronation.
The corner would have been detached but is still in place so it would appear that this was never used.
Measuring: 13 cm x 9 cm