The original letterbox for Mrs White's home for workshouse orphans where the Master and Matron were Mrs & Mrs White from 1861 to 1869. The box retains the original working lock with the key. The veneer is cracked and worn in places, yet the letterbox survives as an interesting piece of Welsh history. Inlaid brass plaques to the top inscribed "Mrs White's home for workshouse orphans"
Measuring: 23 cm wide, 12 cm deep, 10 cm high
Abergavenny, Welsh, 1860s